Welcome to webgeer.com, the home of Webgeer Media. Webgeer Media is dedicated to providing useful information on the internet.
Webgeer Media is involved in publishing a number of webpages. Some use a custom Content Management System that we developed and other use Drupal (often with custom modules).
Some websites that we own are:
- findatutor.ca - Simply the best way to find a tutor online. This lets one search by area and subject and returns a list of tutors that meet your requirements.
- findBiodiesel.ca - A website to help you find suppliers of Biodiesel in Canada.
- CycleHome.org - A community website for cyclists. Will include a number of regional websites starting with Vancouver.CycleHome.org covering the Greater Vancouver Area.
- engineeringtoday.ca - An online engineering magazine for Canadian Engineers. (still under development).
- photo-tips.ca - A website about photography.
- us.tutorsphere.com - Development version of findatutor.ca using Drupal technology for tutors in the United States.
We have also been involved in developing and hosting websites for community organizations:
We also do some coding to create custom modules for Drupal. Three modules that we have created are:
- Tables Module - A filter module to convert a text macro to a nicely formatted table. For a demo and more information see table_demo.
- GMap Module - This module has a number of features. It includes an API for creating Google Map modules for Drupal, and packaged with it is a module to show location informaiton of users or nodes on a Google map. For a demo of the map showing nodes see photo-tips.ca/map/node, to see a map of users map/user.
- AdminRSS Module - This module allows one to use an rss reader to see if a drupal site has any pending administrative items (nodes/comments that need to be reviewed and approved).
If you do donate, please sent me feedback and indicate what you think the priorities for development of these modules should be.